Friday, August 12, 2011

Dog has been throwing up and stool is black? Help?

I have a one year old husky who threw up 3 times the other morning and then another 3 in the afternoon. The morning vomit was his food from the night before. The later vomit was just bile. I checked his gums and they are a light pink, which I'm not sure if its normal or not. This morning we fed him dog food and rice, afterwards he hacked a little but not vomit. His stool this morning was dark but brown inside, it was soft but still in solid form. He's now on a rice, and chicken broth diet which he seems to eat in seconds. He doesn't appear to be listless he's chewing on bones, running around with me and barking. I just wasn't sure if this behavior was due to something he ate or if it could be melena? He's kept the chicken broth and rice down and also some wet food so far. Some extra info, the day before he threw up my mom fed him 5 turkey dogs which is up he threw up and also he got a hold of a corn on the cob which he torn to pieces. Please help. Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment