Monday, August 8, 2011

How do I get over feeling traumatized?

I overdosed on kolonopin and wellbutrin (I know I shouldn't have. I'm very depressed and was trying to pass out to stop an anxiety attack) I went to the hospital and tried kept trying to take out the IV and leave because I am absolutely terrified of hospitals and didn't know that I had no right to refuse treatment. The tied me to the bed with leather handcuffs and ankle cuffs, forced a catheter into me, which was humiliating and extremely painful. The nurses were very rude saying I did it to myself because I was the one who overdosed. (I understand it's the truth but I couldn't handle it put that way at a time like that) I play it over and over in my head and have nightmeres. Everytime I think about it the emotions are just as bad as when it was happening. What do I do? I can't go out or take care of my kids because I am so traumatized by this. I have talked to a therapist and she told me "they were just doing there jobs" etc So the therapy is making me feel worse because I feel like everyone thinks I'm upset about nothing. I don't understand why I shouldn't be bothered by this. I don't know how to make myself feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment