Saturday, August 6, 2011

Foreplay just after hysterectomy and bladder surgery?

i just had a vaginal hysterectomy and a sling was used to pull my bladder up back on May 13th. I just got rid of the foley catheter on this past Friday because I was unable to pee on my own. now I am doing much better and haven't had to straight catheter myself but only a couple of times to be sure my bladder was emptying completely. Everything seems to be healing great. I know that I am not able to have sex until after my 6 week post op appointment, but I was curious about other forms of intimacy for my husband and I.. I sort of took care of him last night, but I was too afraid to let him touch me even a little because for one I am scared of infection, and also everything down there kind of works together, especially when having an orgasm and I am just too scared of doing something that might hurt me. But I am curious if I am being too cautious, or if it would be alright to explore it a little bit? My husband and I are extremely sexual and we enjoy our time together so much and this is going to be very hard to do. But, I will refrain from even trying and just stick with pleasuring him if it means that trying to indulge myself might cause harm or set my recovery back.. what do you guys think? I guess I could ask my doctor, but how do you ask something like this? Anyone else gone through this before? Did you/were you able to mess around right after surgery and everything be alright? I was afraid that after my surgery my sexual appetite would be messed up, but quite the contrary I got very turned on last night just by tending to him and am very anxious to get going as soon as I am able. lol..... so someone tell me, should I try a little? or should I just refrain all together on my part until after my 6-8 weeks are up? like I said, I am almost 3 weeks in to it... thanks!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment