Sunday, August 7, 2011

If I feel my father was mistreated in the hospital what should I do?

My father is under my care. This week he was sent to the hospital with heart problems. I am a single mother of 4 children 5 and under. The kids and I went to see him twice a day. Due to many problems he is unable to go to the restroom alone. They had to use a condom catheter in order for him to not make a mess. He is a mental disorder and has to take pills for his problem. When I got there he was very upset and in tears. He said the catheter had came off and the nurse began to fuss and blame him. He said the more he tried to tell her it fell off the more she blamed him and yelled. He is blind so he only knows her voice. I called the head lady to tell her and she told me she talked to the lady and the lady was very sorry. Now today, they called and said he was coming home. When I got there he had food all over his mouth( he has to be feed) and the room stunk so bad. I began to dress him and he had no catheter on and his bed was soaked in pee. He didn't have a diaper on or anything. I went to the nurse and told her and she just said ok. I was so mad but didn't want to cause a fuss in front of my kids. What should I do??????

No comments:

Post a Comment